MAKE A DIFFERENCE; SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS AND THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Did you know that only 9% of the world’s plastic is recycled? That leaves a whopping 91% of plastic waste circulating our planet. From landfills to beautiful beaches. We’re drowning in plastic waste! And we’re taking down nature with us.
We can leave things as they are and watch as our planet gets overwhelmed by waste. Or, we can play our part and contribute to a better world.
You can make a huge impact, and it's easy to do so! All you have to do is introduce one small change; swap your usual seamless leggings for a pair of sustainable leggings.
The thing is that you won’t tell the difference between the two, but the environment will.
Keep on reading to find out how.
WHAT ARE SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS FOR WOMEN MADE FROM?
Our sustainable gym leggings are made from 92% eco-friendly and recycled fibres. The recycled fibres are polyester and nylon. The remaining 8% is elastane.
WHERE DO THE RECYCLED PLASTICS FOR SUSTAINABLE SEAMLESS LEGGINGS COME FROM?
The materials for our sustainable workout leggings come from two sources. Post-consumer and pre-consumer recycled plastics.
Post-consumer plastics are recycled plastics like water bottles. They’re recycled by you, the consumer.
Pre-consumer plastics are plastics that never made it to the shop shelf. They’re usually recycled right away from a manufacturing line. The good thing about pre-consumer plastics is that they have a smaller environmental impact. They’re not transported to the supermarket, then from the supermarket to your home, then to the recycling plant, and then to us. These plastics go from the manufacturer to us.
WHY MAKE THE SWAP FOR SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS?
It’s no secret that we have polluted our world with plastics. Let’s join in on the mission to right our wrongs! Sustainable leggings contribute to reducing the amount of plastic waste in the environment. The clever method behind creating sustainable gym wear from recycled plastics has a huge potential to improve the quality of our natural environment.
WHY IS POLYESTER USED FOR SEAMLESS LEGGINGS?
Polyester is a durable and versatile material. It’s perfect for activewear and it’s the most popular material used by brands all over the world. Being able to turn recycled plastics into polyester fibres is a huge advantage for brands and the environment.
THE STORY OF POLYESTER
Polyester is a fabric that became popular in the ’70s. Remember those disco suits? Yeah, we do too. It became popular quickly because it doesn’t crease, stretch out of shape, or rip easily.
It's great for seamless leggings, or sports leggings because it’s strong and lightweight.
Polyester also dries fast, which is a big advantage over normal cotton sports leggings. Cotton takes a long time to dry.
Cotton exercise leggings will absorb all your sweat when you’re working out. You’ll stay drenched until you change. This will make your workout uncomfortable. You’ll feel cold and sticky.
Our sustainable polyester leggings don’t absorb moisture like cotton. It’s a clever fabric that draws the moisture away from your skin and dries in the blink of an eye. You won’t even feel you’re sweating.
WHY USE NYLON FOR SPORTS LEGGINGS?
Nylon makes our seamless leggings stretchy, without making them see-through or lose their shape. So you can stretch, squat, jump, and run with full confidence and comfort.
Nylon is very popular for making women’s tights. Tights are well known for ripping easily and laddering all the time.
Nylon alone isn’t very durable, but when mixed with polyester they’re the perfect duo. That’s why our sustainable seamless leggings are both stretchy and durable.
WHY ARE SUSTAINABLE FITNESS LEGGINGS BETTER?
Sustainable high waisted gym leggings are just like our other workout leggings in terms of performance. The difference lies in the manufacturing process which is more sustainable and ethical.
Being able to help out the environment while still enjoying high-quality seamless leggings is a win-win-win. For you, for us, and nature.
Join our movement and play your part. Together we can make a difference and create a better future for everybody.
CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS
The textiles we use for manufacturing our sustainable leggings and gym wear collection are certified by a third-party organisation in recycling. The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) checked out our manufacturing process and gave us the thumbs up for minimising harmful environmental impacts.
So, when you buy our sustainable leggings for women you can be sure that you’re contributing to something real and impactful.
TACKLING TEXTILE WASTE WITH ETHICAL SPORTS LEGGINGS
We didn’t stop there! Textile waste is another pressing environmental issue. Textile waste is being tackled nationally and globally by governments and organisations. To support the global efforts in reducing textile waste, our sustainable workout leggings are made in a way that doesn’t produce a lot of leftover fabric.
Leftover fabric is dangerous because the scraps are difficult to utilise. For example, they’re too small to use for another garment and difficult to recycle.
This all comes down to the manufacturing process which has been rethought and redesigned to reduce any waste. Sometimes the big efforts lie in the small details.
ARE SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS DURABLE?
Durable gym wear has always been our priority and our sustainable leggings are just as durable as anything else we offer. You deserve to receive high-quality stuff for your hard-earned £’s.
Our workout leggings will stay with you through thick and thin. They won’t stretch out of shape, bobble, or lose colour.
SUPPORTING SLOW FASHION
The case for durability is bigger than your satisfaction. Poor quality clothes quickly end up in overflowing charity shops or landfills. This is the curse of fast fashion which contributes to environmental pollution.
WHAT IS SLOW FASHION?
Slow fashion is a movement that promotes buying high-quality clothes that are durable and timeless. Instead of following seasonal trends, we make durable and sustainable sports leggings and gym wear that you love and want to keep forever!
WHEN TO USE OUR SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS?
Our customers love our leggings for all kinds of different sports. From hardcore gym sessions to Sunday morning dog walks.
Squat-proof and light-weight, our sustainable high waisted gym leggings will take you all the way from warm-up to your last set. And if you like to train extra hard at the gym, try our heavy resistance band.
Looking for the perfect running leggings? Quick-drying, lightweight, and comfortable—that’s what our sustainable leggings stand for. Whether you’re a sprinter, a distance runner, or a speed walker, you’ve just met your match.
Namaslay in our sustainable yoga leggings. Good vibrations only. Our flowy design and ethical principles behind the sustainable gym wear collection resonate with all yogis.
Feel the confidence and rhythm. Our women’s leggings are so lightweight they feel like a second skin. Doesn’t matter whether you dance for fun, for fitness, or professionally, our sustainable leggings won’t let you down.
On your rest day but not ready to part with your workout leggings?
You’ll be relieved to hear that they’re ideal for lounging around. Be a fashionable and comfortable couch potato.
And you can keep up the appearances all week long. Look like you're on the way to the gym while you're on a snack run to the shop... Nobody has to know.
HOW TO CARE FOR OUR SUSTAINABLE WORKOUT LEGGINGS?
Caring for our seamless leggings is easy. We encourage you to take care of your workout leggings and gym wear to keep it for as long as possible.
SIMPLE WASH ROUTINE FOR SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS
The easiest way to wash your sports leggings is in the washing machine with other synthetic clothes. Your washing machine probably has a cycle, especially for synthetics. This will take care of the temperature and the wash cycle.
MANUAL WASH SETTINGS FOR SEAMLESS LEGGINGS
If you manually have to set your washing machine, use lower temperatures and a mild cycle for your seamless gym wear.
HAND WASHING SUSTAINABLE GYM WEAR
If you don’t have enough gym clothes to run the washing machine hand wash your sportswear. It’s quick, easy, and will save you money in the long run. It’s also better for the environment.
DRYING SUSTAINABLE SPORTS LEGGINGS AND GYM WEAR
Our seamless leggings and gym wear dries fast so you don’t need to use a tumble dryer. Letting everything air dry will make it last longer. It's also better for the environment!
You can use detergents specifically designed for sportswear or your regular detergent. You don’t need to use fabric softener with our sustainable leggings. They're already heavenly soft.
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE THE SWITCH TO SUSTAINABLE LEGGINGS?
Ready to make an impact? Join us and millions of other people and businesses who are making a stand for a better planet.
[Browse Our Sustainable Leggings]