Pancake day is virtually here, so we reached out to Taylor Binney for an amazing Vegan friendly recipe (pictured above). Vegan or not, these are a great option this pancake day! If you're after a standard recipe there's an option below for you, too.
Both recipes create perfect pancakes that are fluffy on the interior and crispy on the exterior. Easy to make in less than 15 minutes with simple ingredients that you can grab on your way home from work.
Taylor Binney's American Vegan Pancake recipe and method:
- 500ml almond milk
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder
- 300g rice flour
- 50g of oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted & used in the pan)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 chopped banana
- 2 tablespoons of natures choice chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries
- Stir all of the pancake ingredients together to form a thick pancake batter.
- Warm a tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and spoon in a large tablespoon of pancake batter into the pan, lightly tilting the pan in a circular motion to spread out the mixture.
- Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes until golden, before turning and cooking on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat until the pancake is golden on both sides
Our Alternative Option (Thin Pancakes & Non-Vegan)
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs (free range if possible)
- 300ml milk
- Depending on preference: 1 tbsp oil (sunflower, veg, virgin, coconut etc).
- Butter, for frying.
This is completely up to you, however we've listed some popular options to make it even easier for you to choose.
- Any fruit (Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry etc).
- Nutella 👀
- Caster Sugar, popular with Lemon Juice.
- Honey or Maple Syrup.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until creating a smooth batter.
- Optional: Set aside for 30 minutes if you have time as this allows the batter to rest, or start cooking straight away if you simply can't wait.
- Place your pan over a medium height and allow the pan to become hot.
- Take a piece of paper towel and wipe it with butter. Run the butter on the inside of the pan to prevent the pancake from sticking.
- When the pan is hot, take a ladle of mixture and spoon it into the pan. Cook your pancakes on each side until golden brown, flipping them when necessary.
- Repeat the process (steps 4-5) as required. Serve and enjoy.
Our Tip: to create a big stack of pancakes, place them in the oven on a low temperature to keep warm as you cook.
Happy Pancake Day,