So, are you a little bored in isolation at home?
We hope not.
But just in case you need a quick read, here are 100 amazing facts about absolutely anything and everything.
Read below to learn things from the wingspan of an A380 to bubblewrap:
1. The brain of an ostrich is smaller than either of its eyes.
2. Drinking alcohol or taking any drug is basically you poisoning yourself. Speaking slowly and slurring after a drink, puking or sleeping is the body’s reaction intended to help you overcome the effects of the poison.
3. Crunchy food goes soft when you leave it out for a while; soft food goes crunchy when you leave it out for a while.
4. A healthy human thigh bone is tougher than concrete.
5. The world’s oldest person lives with over 7 billion people who were not around when he/she was born.
6. You could stack 4 cars on top of the Tesla Model S and its roof wouldn’t cave in, it achieved the highest safety ranking in automobile history.
7. Akon the rapper brought solar energy to more than 1 million African people and hasn’t stopped yet.
8. A sloth takes 2 weeks to digest the food he’s eaten.
9. If you kept yelling for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would produce enough sound energy to heat up a cup of tea.
10. At any given moment, about 0.7% of the people in the world are drunk.
11. Bruce Lee moved with such speed in fights they had to slow down the movie so people could see his moves.
12. If you eat polar bear liver you might die – and rather horribly, too, with the skin peeling off your body. The reason for that is too much vitamin A – humans just can’t handle that much.
13. A single testicle of a blue whale can weigh between 99 to 150 pounds.
14. Sharks pee through their skin.
15. Giraffes have the same number of teeth as humans, 32.
16. The human eye can pick out over 10 million colours.
17. Steve Jobs’ biological father was a Syrian immigrant.
18. 620 million years ago, an Earth day was only 21.9 hours long. It is extending a little every year.
19. Our ears and our nose never stop growing.
20. Fingers prune in water to give you a better grip. Just another clever evolutionary trick.
21. Considering the work and processes our bodies are constantly doing, they are remarkably quiet.
22. The most successful university in the production of billionaires is the University of Pennsylvania – 25 billionaire alumni.
23. The last letter added to the English alphabet wasn't Z - it was the letter J.
24. Tears caused by sadness, happiness and onions look different under the microscope.
25. The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.
26. After reading this post you will not recognise that the brain doesn’t recognise the second ‘the’.
27. Bubble wrap was originally intended to be used as wallpaper.
28. "E" is the most common letter and appears in 11 percent of all English words.
29. Water makes different pouring sounds depending on its temperature.
30. Humans are just one of the estimated 8.7 million species on Earth.
31. Sea lions can dance to a beat.
32. You can sneeze faster than a cheetah can run.
33. Chau Smith, a 70-year-old woman once completed seven marathons in seven days, across all seven continents.
34. Shaquille O'Neal made the only three-point shot he would ever make in his entire career on February 16, 1996.
35. The Silverback gorilla can lift almost a literal ton.
36. The Twitter bird's official name Is Larry.
37. If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.
38. Bananas are curved because they grow towards the sun.
39. Tennis players are not allowed to swear when they are playing in Wimbledon.
40. Saint Lucia is the only country in the world named after a woman.
41. The average male gets bored of a shopping trip after 26 minutes.
42. Nearly 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
43. A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out because it is attached to the roof of their mouths.
44. Birds don’t urinate, that is why their poo is white.
45. Vincent van Gogh only sold one painting in his lifetime.
46. The average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in their lifetime.
47. Nutella was invented during WWII when hazelnuts were mixed into chocolate to extend chocolate rations.
48. Tears contain a natural pain killer which reduces pain and improves your mood.
49. Squirrels forget where they hide about half of their nuts.
50. During your lifetime, you will spend around thirty-eight days brushing your teeth.
51. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
52. If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
53. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
54. Guinea pigs and rabbits can't sweat.
55. The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
56. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
57. Your heart beats around 100,000 times a day.
58. Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.
59. More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
60. The average person laughs 10 times a day!
61. Butterflies taste with their feet.
62. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
63. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.
64. When you were born, you were, for a moment, the youngest person on earth.
65. Turtles can breathe through their butts.
66. When playing with female puppies, male puppies will often let them win, even if they have a physical advantage.
67. There are around 4 quadrillion quadrillion bacteria on Earth.
68. People who are currently alive represent about 7 percent of the total number of people who have ever lived.
69. A record-breaking 92 countries competed in the 2018 Winter Olympics, beating the 88 countries from 2014.
70. There are more than 24 time zones around the world.
71. Canada has nine percent of the world's forests.
72. Some planes can fly for more than five hours after one of their engines goes out.
73. Some cats are actually allergic to humans.
74. A chef's hat has exactly 100 pleats.
75. A Boeing 747 is more fuel-efficient than your car.
76. The majority of your brain is fat.
77. The Dr. Seuss classic, ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ grew out of a $50 bet with his editor that he could not create a book using fewer than 50 different words.
78. Too much water can kill you.
79. Takeoff and landing are the most dangerous times during a flight.
80. Australian airline Qantas has never had a fatal accident involving one of its commercial aircraft.
81. The hottest inhabited place in the world is in Ethiopia.
82. The blob of toothpaste that sits on your toothbrush is called a “nurdle”.
83. Pilots and co-pilots eat different meals on a flight, this way, if the food is contaminated and one pilot gets sick, the other should still be able to operate the aircraft.
84. Copenhagen is the most bike-friendly city in the world.
85. Your taste buds change in flight.
86. The largest military plane is six stories tall.
87. The global adult literacy rate is around 86 percent.
88. There are only two countries with names that begin with “The."
89. Bumblebees can fly higher than Mount Everest.
90. More than one-quarter of all your bones are located in your feet, 26 in each foot equals to 52 in total out of 206.
91. While four babies are born on Earth every second, it's estimated that around two people pass away at the same time.
92. At least one of the colours of the Olympic flag appears on all the national flags.
93. Australia has pink and purple lakes.
94. The teabag was an accidental invention.
95. The fastest man in the world has scoliosis, a curvature on the spine.
96. The smallest mammal in the world is a Bat.
97. The Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System.
98. There’s only one letter that doesn’t appear in any U.S. state name, ‘Q’.
99. The wing-span of the A380 is longer than the aircraft itself. Wingspan is 80m, the length is 72.7m.
100. The unicorn is the national animal of Scotland.
We hope you enjoyed these facts! How many did you know?
Stay home, stay safe.
Disclaimer: Views expressed are not those of Pursue Fitness.